Friday, October 28, 2016

Thanks Card For My Sister Using The Beautiful Leaves Stamp Set (Newton's Nook)

Good Day Everyone!
I am happy to say that I have made another card using the Beautiful Leaves stamp set from Newton's Nook Designs which is a gorgeous & inspiring set to work with. This is the card:

First I embossed the images from the Beautiful Leaves stamp set on some Simon Says Stamp 40# Vellum with Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder. I then colored the back of the images with Copics (YR09) and Sharpie Fine Point Markers (Aqua & Red). This is when I discovered that Sharpie Markers work very well for this technique. Then I fussy cut out the images with my scissors. On a white Simon Says Stamp card base (120 #), I also heat embossed the images with the same Ranger Gold embossing powder.

Using some Kelly Purkey Be Happy stickers, I used one of the stickers with the sentiment "You Are Awesome" and the other blank one I embossed "Thanks" from another SSS stamp set (I See You). The finishing touches: I put down a "nest" of gold thread then did a cluster of the sentiments, the cut-out vellum images and assorted sequins.

More views of the card:


This is the Beautiful Leaves Stamp Set:

I made this card for my sister, Laurie. She is a God Mother to our sons, Isaac & Ethan and one of my BFF's through life. I want to let her know just how much she means to us and that I am grateful for all the little and big ways that she helps us.

I also used this stamp set on at least one more card (to see the post click---> here) where I used Gansai Tambi watercolors.

Thanks for stopping by!
Take time to tap into your creativity this weekend, you'll feel so much better!
Hugs to all!


2 comments: