Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cards From The Heart For Family - October 2017

Hello & Welcome To My Blog!

I recently made a couple of cards for my Dad and for my sister Laurie. My Dad has gone through a huge change in his life and it's been an extremely challenging time for him. My sister, Laurie, has been with him through this ordeal since day 1. With this in mind, I wanted to show them some love with cards that came from the heart.

I made the card for Dad using the Altenew Simple Flowers stamp set & matching dies along with a Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Painted Hugs Die. These 2 companies are my absolute faves so using the 2 together is so fitting for me. I used various Altenew & SSS dye ink pads plus a Momenta teardrop ink pad too. I naturally had to embellish with Nuvo Crystal Drops. The card base is from MFT (Steel Grey Heavy Weight).

This is the card that I made for Dad:



For my sister Laurie, I used the gorgeous & unique Fractile Leaves stamp set from SSS along with the Wavy Scallop Stitches Dies, also from Simon Says Stamp. I used the SSS Script Thanks die cutting it 4 times, gluing them together then white heat embossing them (love the height!). I used Prismacolor and Artist Loft (Michael's) watercolor pencils with a waterbrush to add color. Again, I embellished with Nuvo Crystal Drops (can't even resist lol!). The card base is 110 lb. Neenah Desert Storm. I am entering this card into the SSS Flickr Challenge #82 "Fall Is In The Air". I love these SSS Flickr challenges, so fun plus inspiring too!

This is the card for Laurie
(the card for the SSS Flickr Challenge):



I cannot say that these cards change the situation for them but I hope that they add a bit of light into their days when they look upon them. These two amazing people are so incredibly strong, with inner Spirit that shines to inspire others.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope that you return
and visit my Flickr page if you have the chance!
Woliwon / Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Your post really touched my heart. My mum was taken ill last December and nearly died. While she was in hospital still ill my dad was diagnosed with secondary liver cancer and died two weeks later. It has changed our lives completely - my mum is doing as well as can be expected but life is not the same. Looking after mum is a huge job. I wish your family well and think they are lucky to have someone who thinks about them and has the understanding to know how hard life is - my mum has 3 kids and 15 grown up grandchildren - only me and my kids are anywhere to be seen. It's very sad. I wish you well. Ps your cards are absolutely fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so honoured that you shared your story with me. These difficulties that face family can be so overwhelming. My Mom passed away in 2013, she was diagnosed with lung cancer in May, she died in mid-July. Her and Dad had been together forever. In February of this year, Dad got lost in a rural area of New Brunswick, he was found 3 days later. Stuck in his car, in the freezing cold, in the snow. No food, one can of pop, he's diabetic. He just got home not too long ago...he's been in the hospital since he was found. Surgeries & other health problems...now he's in a wheelchair with most of his legs gone. My sister takes care of him & my husband & I help when we can. Prayers & positive energy to your Mom and you too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share plus I'm so happy that you like the cards.💕

      Delete